From Cortina bus station, take the bike trail heading north.
The first two km are on a paved road with a yellow line dividing the road into two lanes. The left lane is reserved for bikes, the right lane for pedestrians. Please proceed with extra care. Ride past a gate and continue slightly uphill on gravel road for 15 km.
An adventure full of surprises begins!
- The colorful old railroad switch houses of the Dolomite railway;
- The long, faintly-lit, tunnel carved out of rock with its typical pear-like shape to allow steam locomotives pass through;
- The iron bridge over the deep gorge of Rio Felizon;
- The Church of Ospitale, built in 1300, the oldest church in the Ampezzo valley;
- Bianco and Negro lakes, natural habitat of the Mallard.
From Passo Cimabanche, ride downhill a few more km as far as the emerald Landro lake, continue a little farther on and, on your right, will appear the breathtaking view of Tre Cime di Lavaredo north face .
After a short stretch, at Sorgenti, you reach the World War 1 military cemetery on your left, and a little further ahead Lake Dobbiaco.
Continue for another 3 km as far as Dobbiaco town center.
The return is along the same itinerary.
Rest Stops: Ristorante Ospitale: Ph. +39 0436 4585 Chalet Cimabanche: Ph. +39 0474 972442 Ristorante Lago di Landro: Ph. +39 0474 973267 Lago di Dobbiaco – “See restaurant”: Ph. +39 0474 972399